April 4, 2015 my test flight for MultiWii 2.4 auto pilot MISSION flying through defined waypoint and auto landing at last waypoint.
Auto pilot flying from waypoint #1 to waypoint #7 then auto landing.
YouTube => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBYKLIiuwtQ
MultiWii 2.4 MISSION Waypoint Navigation
8 thoughts on “MultiWii 2.4 MISSION Waypoint Navigation”
NICE !! What’s your FC-board?
I have a couple of boards I wonder if I can use one of these to do similar ??
Both boards below is currently running MPNG 3.1.5 -R2 but I think about going back to MultiWii 2.4 Advice me please 🙂
1) (MultiWii PRO_RED board from HK)
• SMD component design with Atmega2560
• ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
• BMA180 Accelerometer
• BMP085 Barometer
• HMC5883L Magnetometer
• Servo output for camera pitch and roll control
• Supports direct connection of GPS module (MTK 3329 GPS module included)
• On-board USB connection for programming
2) (AIO PRO_BLUE board from HK)
• Supported MegaPirateNG and MultiWii firmware
• Up to 8-axis motor output
• 8 input channels for standard receiver
• 4 serial ports for debug/Bluetooth Module/OSD/GPS/telemetry
• 2 servos output for PITCH and ROLL gimbal system
• 1 servo output to trigger a camera button
• 6 Analog output for extend device
• A I2C port for extend sensor or device
• Separate 3.3V and 5V LDO voltage regulator
• ATMega 2560 Microcontroller
• MPU6050 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit
• HMC5883L 3-axis digital magnetometer
• MS5611-01BA01 highprecision altimeter
• FT232RQ USB-UART chip and Micro USB receptacle
• On board logic level converter
AIO PRO BLUE is better. because of it have better flight sensors.
about my FC board, i build it with MEGA2560 and use flight sensor MPU6050, HMC5883, MS5611
So, it same as your AIO PRO 🙂
and yes, I ever use MPNG 3.1.5 R2 and ever like it,
but now i like MultiWii 2.4 , i found that MultiWii 2.4 auto-pilot is flying better than ArduCopter NG 3.1.5
You have a very good website!
I am also interested in trying Multiwii 2.4 (I currently use NAZA with GPS no waypoint). I have Crius AIOP v2 board.
So you already try MPG 3.1.5 R2 – why do you say Multiwii 2.4 waypoints is better? What makes MWC2.4 good and MPG not good? This is very interesting to me, because I also want to try Multiwii 2.4, but many people tell me to forget it and try MPG 3.1.5 instead – Megapirate supposed to be better.
Hope to hear your reply, thanks/ RandyQ
See this article => http://m-rotor.com/page/?p=405
you will see that i have used Arducopter NG 3.1.5 for do full auto flight and do follow me with success already.
but now MPNG don’t support for new version of arducopter anymore while arducopter official version was update to 3.2.x already. (arducopter NG was stop at 3.1.5)
after i try both arducopter NG 3.1.5 and MultiWii 2.4, i found that MultiWii 2.4 can do auto-pilot flying better than ArduCopter NG 3.1.5
Now i quit to use ArduCopter NG 3.1.5 with all of my drone, and use MultiWii 2.4 instead.
but if MPNG release newest version same as arducopter official newest version. i will back to test it again 🙂
Thanks for clarifying that, and I will be checking out MW2.4 myself after this demonstration!
Have you been able to try other modes, such as POI and FOLLOW ME in MW2.4 also? I saw the sample videos, all done with latest (and last) Megapirate.
Hey there! This post couldn’t be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my old room
mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward
this write-up to him. Pretty sure he will
have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!
Really enjoyed this blog post.Thanks Again. Awesome.
Major thankies for the post.Thanks Again. Will read on